Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Manager (Tax)
at Wipfli LLP
- Job ID
Create lasting, positive impact.
By considering Wipfli LLP, you’ve decided to go beyond the ordinary public accounting and consulting firm. At Wipfli, we create positive impact and lifetime relationships by leading and working with an outward mindset. As a member of our team, you will be inspired to think freely and follow your passion, grow as a professional by developing your skills and commit to serving our clients and communities with honesty and integrity.
Wipfli has a broad national footprint with offices coast to coast — and we’re still growing! Interact and learn from colleagues and as you grow in your career pay it forward and teach and mentor others. As an associate, you’ll have access to skill development and career opportunities, whether you want to move up or transition into another area of specialty. You’ll also have the flexibility and technology to work wherever you are, whether it’s at home or in our clients’ offices, or switching Wipfli offices if you’re looking to move across the country.
Join a company focused on giving back to the greater good — at Wipfli, we’re committed to supporting the communities we do business in. To learn more about our volunteer efforts, who we are and what we do, visit wipfli.com.
Change your career trajectory and join our team of dynamic, approachable, and trusted associates.
Check out our Glassdoor Reviews to hear what people are saying about employment at Wipfli!
- Lead and manage complex tax compliance engagements in accordance with firm and professional standards, within budget and deadline expectations
- Identify and respond to client issues in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner.
- Manage expectations effectively through clear and continuous communication with the client and/or other accountant
- Communicate advice and answer questions of other Wipfli associates relating to clients' accounting and tax situations
- Participate in and provide leadership for firm initiatives and projects
- Plan and schedule engagements with clients and firm resources
- Perform detailed reviews of tax workpapers and provision calculations completed by other associates
- Consult with office personnel on unusual client tax problems; diagnose client needs and work to satisfy those needs
- Communicate proactively with clients and engagement partners regarding project status, client service opportunities, and other significant matters in a timely manner
- Review financial statements and footnotes, management reports, executive reports, and other requested deliverables
- Provide training, direction, and supervision to staff, senior accountants, and managers
- Proactively seek out new business opportunities by participating in various business development activities, and having a comprehensive understanding of services provided by the firm
- Requires a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPA certification required in the respective state in which they are practicing
- Requires a valid driver’s license
- Requires at 10+ years of job related experience
- Subject matter leader in similar accounting and/or tax services
- Management and/or mentoring experience with other staff members
- Experience making recommendations to management
- Prior public accounting experience required
Wipfli is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identify, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Use the Connect with us feature to forward your information to a member of our recruiting team. We will reach out to you very soon and will also keep you posted on any new positions as they become available.