Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Accountant (Audit)
at Wipfli LLP
- Job ID
Create lasting, positive impact.
By considering Wipfli LLP, you’ve decided to go beyond the ordinary public accounting and consulting firm. At Wipfli, we create positive impact and lifetime relationships by leading and working with an outward mindset. As a member of our team, you will be inspired to think freely and follow your passion, grow as a professional by developing your skills and commit to serving our clients and communities with honesty and integrity.
Wipfli has a broad national footprint with offices coast to coast — and we’re still growing! Interact and learn from colleagues and as you grow in your career pay it forward and teach and mentor others. As an associate, you’ll have access to skill development and career opportunities, whether you want to move up or transition into another area of specialty.
Join a company focused on giving back to the greater good — at Wipfli, we’re committed to supporting the communities we do business in. To learn more about our volunteer efforts, who we are and what we do, visit wipfli.com.
Check out our Glassdoor Reviews to hear what people are saying about employment at Wipfli!
Change your career trajectory and join our team of dynamic, approachable, and trusted associates.
- Respond to client and firm associate requests in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner
- Prepare client correspondence, letters, e-mail, or other communications pertaining to engagement planning and requests
- Perform audit, review, and compilation testing procedures in accordance with firm and professional standards as directed by engagement leaders
- Complete engagement programs and checklists and respond to review comments
- Communicate with engagement leaders regarding open items, testing problems, or other important matters in a timely manner
- Prepare (or review client prepared) financial statements and footnotes, management reports, and other engagement output
- Adhere to prescribed budgets and deadlines
- Develop technical competency with GAAP, especially related to assigned product line, to include specific areas such as receivables, inventory, costings, etc.
- Provide technical accounting assistance to clients
- Participate in core CPE programs
- Actively participate in community activities to develop positive relationships with community leaders and members
- Actively participate in firm sponsored events for assigned product line clients and prospects
- Participate in inventory observations as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of accounting/audit experience
- Willing to travel to local clients (typically within an hour radius of the office)
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Wipfli recruiting team member, Kristin Kallies, will guide you through our evaluation and interviewing process, including communicating an update on your status as soon as possible. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity before applying, please email Kristin at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact her through LinkedIn. Kristin joined Wipfli in 2006, and she is based in our Madison Office.
Wipfli is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identify, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws. #WIPFLIHP
Use the Connect with us feature to forward your information to a member of our recruiting team. We will reach out to you very soon and will also keep you posted on any new positions as they become available.