Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Wipfli LLP
- Job ID
Create lasting, positive impact.
Our tax managers are an integral component of the Wipfli team. Mentoring staff while also taking on additional responsibilities by leading client relationships! We have an opportunity in our South Portland, ME office for an individual that is interested in a team environment with an emphasis on trust/estate and high net worth individual clients. A sign-on bonus is available for the right candidate!
By considering Wipfli LLP, you’ve decided to go beyond the ordinary public accounting and consulting firm. At Wipfli, we create positive impact and lifetime relationships by leading and working with an outward mindset. Interact and learn from colleagues and as you grow in your career pay it forward and teach and mentor others. As a member of our team, you will be inspired to think freely and follow your passion, grow as a professional by developing your skills and commit to serving our clients and communities with honesty and integrity.
Wipfli has a broad national footprint with offices coast to coast — and we’re still growing! As an associate, you’ll have access to skill development and career opportunities, whether you want to move up or transition into another area of specialty.
Join a company focused on giving back to the greater good — at Wipfli, we’re committed to supporting the communities we do business in. To learn more about our volunteer efforts, who we are and what we do, visit wipfli.com.
Check out our Glassdoor Reviews to hear what people are saying about employment at Wipfli!
Change your career trajectory and join our team of dynamic, approachable, and trusted associates.
• Lead and manage tax compliance engagements in accordance with firm and professional standards, within budget and deadline expectations
• Plan and schedule tax engagements with clients and firm resources
• Serve as the main tax point of contact within our firm for clients
• Tax Manager is responsible for clients receiving proactive communication and timely service
• Perform detailed reviews of tax work papers and provision calculations completed by other associates
• Review tax returns, tax research, tax communications, and other requested deliverables
• Communicate proactively with clients and engagement partners regarding project status, client service opportunities, and other significant matters in a timely manner
• Provide training, direction, and supervision to staff and senior accountants
• Participate in and provide leadership for firm initiatives and projects
• Maintain technical expertise in various tax areas related to industry specialization
• Requires a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• CPA certification preferred
• Requires at 3+ years of job related experience
• Experience making recommendations to management
• Prior public accounting experience a plus
Wipfli is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identify, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Use the Connect with us feature to forward your information to a member of our recruiting team. We will reach out to you very soon and will also keep you posted on any new positions as they become available.