Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounting Internship, Summer 2020 (Audit)
at Wipfli LLP
- Job ID
Create lasting, positive impact.
By considering Wipfli LLP (formerly Macpage), you’ve decided to go beyond the ordinary public accounting and consulting firm. At Wipfli, we create positive impact and lifetime relationships by leading and working with an outward mindset. As a member of our team, you will be inspired to think freely and follow your passion, grow as a professional by developing your skills and commit to serving our clients and communities with honesty and integrity.
Wipfli has a broad national footprint with offices coast to coast — and we’re still growing! As an associate, you’ll have access to skill development and career opportunities, whether you want to move up or transition into another area of specialty. You’ll also have the flexibility and technology to work wherever you are, whether it’s at home or in our clients’ offices, or switching Wipfli offices if you’re looking to move across the country.
Join a company focused on giving back to the greater good — at Wipfli, we’re committed to supporting the communities we do business in. To learn more about our volunteer efforts, who we are and what we do, visit wipfli.com.
Interns will be responsible for utilizing educational knowledge and experience to perform numerous accounting related responsibilities such as:
- Respond to client and firm associate requests in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner
- Respond to inquiries from client and work with client to gather necessary information for completion of required documents
- Use data analysis skills to discover useful information and patterns to provide support in recommendations
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities in processes to enhance efficiency
- Perform audit, review, and compliance testing procedures in accordance with firm an professional standards and as directed by engagement leaders
- Communicate with engagement leaders regarding open items, testing problems, or other important matters in a timely manner
- Prepare (or review client prepared) financial statements and footnotes, management reports, and other engagement outputs
- Develop technical competency with GAAP, especially related to assigned product line
What You will Gain
- Experience the Wipfli Way first hand while working side by side with professionals from all levels of the firm
- Develop experience and skills to become a trusted business advisor for clients and associates
- Gain hands-on experience in tax and/or audit work, and related software applications
- Work as an individual contributor and as part of a team to support client engagements
- Gain exposure to a variety of clients and industries ranging from small businesses to large corporations
- Develop administrative, professional, and interpersonal skills to the extent of being able to organize, analyze, and communicate with others in a productive and efficient manner
Wipfli recruiting team member, Bre Woodruff, will guide you through our evaluation and interviewing process, including communicating an update on your status as soon as possible. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity before applying, please email Bre at email@example.com or contact her through LinkedIn. Bre joined Wipfli in 2015, and she is based in our Milwaukee Office.
Wipfli is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identify, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Use the Connect with us feature to forward your information to a member of our recruiting team. We will reach out to you very soon and will also keep you posted on any new positions as they become available.