Maine Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nursing Unit Assistant-Medical Surgical P4C
at Maine Medical Center
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 38852
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Healthcare - RNs & Nurse Management, Healthcare - Medical & Dental Practitioners
Work Hours: 36
P4C is an adult 18 bed Medical Surgical unit, serving patients from age 18 to 100+. The unit provides care primarily for surgical patients and includes surgical specialties in joints (hips, knees, and shoulders) vascular, bariatric, minor neurological and gastrointestinal populations. P4C provides care to medical overflow as well.
- Position Summary
- Under the supervision a Registered Professional Nurse and according to defined policies and procedures, provides clerical support to the unit. Also performs various service duties and technical tasks such as taking vital signs and assisting patients with basic hygiene and activities of daily living. Specific duties may vary by area of assignment. Consideration of the special needs and behaviors of specific patient populations is required.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must be certified as a Nursing Assistant by State of Maine and be on the State of Maine Registry.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information and maintain courteous relationships with patients, families, visitors and Medical Center employees.
- Ability to read, write and speak English in order to transcribe and communicate approved provider's orders at a level normally acquired through a high school education.
- Basic computer skills and medical terminology recommended.
- Knowledge of standards, policies, procedures and organizational structure of the unit, the Department of Nursing, and Maine Medical Center.
- Participates in ongoing education relative to role as defined.