Maine Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse Manager (RN)-Ambulatory Surgery
at Maine Medical Center
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 40430
Work Hours: 40
The Nurse Manager has 24-hour accountability for the provision of nursing services on their unit. S/he is responsible for maintaining systems and procedures that will ensure quality patient care, promote cost effectiveness, educate and support competent nursing practice. The Nurse Manager skills entail coaching, motivating and leading a professional team to provide safe and effective care.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing desired; Masters in Nursing preferred.
- Current registered nurse licensure by the Maine State Board of Nursing.
- Certification in Nursing leadership is desired.
- Minimum of three years knowledge and experience in Management preferred.
- Strong customer service and communication skills required.
- Extensive interaction with physicians, intra- and interdepartmental staff members, patient and family members, office staff and professional organizations outside the hospital setting.
- Visual and mental concentration required for updating policies and practices, performance reviews and coordinating scheduling needs.