Maine Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager - Construction & Project Management
at Maine Medical Center
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 41762
Work Hours: 40
- Position Summary
- Under the leadership of the Vice President of Support Services, the Manager of Construction & Project Management coordinates activities of project management staff and contractors engaged in hospital renovations, new construction projects, and relevant complex equipment installations. Manages project management personnel matters including employment, training, termination and grievances. Responsible for the design and construction monitoring activities for projects involving such detail as: construction estimating, project budget development and tracking, scheduling design and construction activities, architectural design, code review and compliance, regulatory approvals, new construction phasing and logistics planning, consultant fee negotiating, contract development, and coordinator of contractors and consultant activities. Assigns projects to project management staff, supervises the execution of work, and maintains a working knowledge of all active projects.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, or equivalent work related experience and training.
- Analytical ability required to interpret engineering/architectural data, to conduct architectural/engineering studies and for the preparation of departmental budgets and cost estimates for new construction.
- Spatial perception is required to read, understand and interpret intricate construction documents for equipment design, selection and installation, power distribution layout and control, and for building construction. Ability to understand and work with applicable standards established by federal, state, and local building codes.
- Interpersonal, oral and written communication skills needed to interact effectively with all levels of hospital personnel as well as outside contractors and architects and engineers. Ability to gather and analyze data for reports and to keep abreast with new developments in the healthcare field.
- Ability to understand and work with applicable standards established by federal, state, and local building codes.
- Supervisory and managerial ability to assume overall responsibility for all hospital system building design, construction activities, and to plan and direct the activities of all departmental personnel.
- Five years of experience in healthcare construction or healthcare facilities planning with a working knowledge and experience in the following areas; architectural, interior design, mechanical and electrical systems, utilities, site design, building construction and maintenance.
- Oral and written communication proficiency to converse with staff, contractors, architectural/engineering consultants, and others; gather and analyze data for reports, and to keep abreast of new developments related to the healthcare field.