Maine Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cook - Food & Nutrition Services (Biddeford Campus)
at Maine Medical Center
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 40434
Work Hours: 40
- Position Summary
- Under the general direction of the Culinary Supervisor, the Cook is responsible for preparation and oversight of all food service activities during schedule hours as assigned. Complies with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and follows food production programs and procedures. Assures sanitation and security of the department at the opening/closing of the day, as scheduled; assists with assigned duties at ancillary facilities. As a member of the food service team, maintains full communication with other members of the team and takes a proprietary interest in the department mission and goals.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- High school degree or equivalent preferred.
- One year of specialized culinary training or previous experience in a similar setting.
- Two year institutional or retail cooking experience.
- Organizational ability and good communication skills necessary.
- ServSafe certification required.
- Good basic math skills.
- Ability to read, write and follow written and oral communication.