Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Jordan's Furniture
- Sales Management
- Nights & Weekends Required
Are you a natural leader who enjoys motivating a commissioned sale team so they can achieve their goals? Are you looking for a growing company who treats their customer and employees with honesty and integrity? We have the position for you! Jordan's Furniture is hiring now for Sales Managers to open our Portland Store to assist in training, supervising, and motivating Commissioned Retail Sales Consultants.
Jordan’s Furniture is excited to announce that we will be opening a store location in Portland, Maine in the Spring of 2020! Our Portland Maine store will be the largest furniture store in Maine displaying furniture and mattresses, along with an extensive outlet center. The retail store, located in the Maine Mall (formerly Filene's and Bon-Ton's), will also include an entertainment attraction, like all of the other Jordan’s locations.
Jordan’s Furniture is not your average employer. Our philosophy: make it fun! We have revolutionized the furniture shopping experience by providing “shoppertainment”, with stores that have IMAX theaters, restaurants, ice cream shops, ropes courses, and much more! Our recipe for success for the past 100 years has been simple and sincere- - treat our employees like family and they will treat our guests the same. It’s no surprise that our average employee tenure is over 10 years! Jordan’s currently has six store locations including Avon MA, Natick MA, Reading MA, Nashua NH, Warwick, RI and New Haven CT, along with a Distribution Center Taunton, MA.
Target start date is Oct 21rst, 2019. Some travel is necessary for training.
The Sales Manager assists in training, supervising, motivating and evaluating Commissioned Retail Sales Consultants in the Store. The Sales Manager is also responsible for:
- Observing, coaching, and working on the sales floor with Sales Consultants to develop and improve staff selling skills.
- Overseeing Sales Consultants to ensure that optimal levels of customer service are met.
- Effectively interacting in person and on the telephone with customers and various departments in the resolution of sales orders and customer situations.
- Training and updating Sales Consultants on all products, store policies, and analyzing daily business to ensure efficient operations.
- Working with Sr. Managers to meet or exceed established sales volume goals.
The qualified candidate must have:
- Minimum 1-3 years management experience
- Minimum 1 year sales experience
- Strong multi-tasking, time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to motivate, lead and direct others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding and competitive environment
Happy, healthy employees are our goal, and our benefits help J-Team members balance physical, financial, professional, social and emotional well-being. Visit our benefits page for details.
Jordan's Furniture is an Equal Opportunity Employer