Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Provider Recruitment Coordinator - Provider Recruitment
8:00a-4:30p (employed by EMHS; based at Mercy)
This position is based at Mercy Hospital in Portland, ME but is employed by EMHS in Brewer, ME
The Provider Recruitment Coordinator will support the timely and effective recruitment of highly qualified physicians and mid-level providers to EMHS Member Hospitals. The Coordinator will work directly with Provider Recruiters to develop each provider candidate's individualized itinerary for their interview on site. The Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of interviews and all arrangement involved with on-site visits. The Coordinator will be responsible for partnering with leaders to arrange interview schedules that make the best use of candidate time and showcase each member organization. In addition, the Coordinator will assist in the onboarding process including completion of new hire paperwork, background checks, and scheduling of Occupational/Employee Health physicals. The Coordinator will have access to highly confidential employee information, and must handle & protect the information in accordance with system policies, HIPAA requirements and the highest level of ethical standards.
Education and Experience
• High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Three years' experience working in a professional office setting required.
• Experience in a medically related field preferred.
• Recruitment experience preferred.
• Prior Human Resource experience preferred.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
• Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally both verbally and in writing.
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail required.
• Highly accountable for work including handling of and access to highly sensitive confidential information.
• Must be able to prioritize projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Motivated self-starter who can work well independently and solve problems quickly and effectively.
• Must be able to maintain a positive attitude under stressful situations.
• Responsible for general inquiries to the department received via phone or email. When possible information should be provided at the time of contact.
• Responsible for obtaining CVs and applications through various databases daily.
• Coordinate all provider candidate interviews, both phone and in-person
o Prepare on-site interview itineraries for all provider candidates
o Partner with system Recruitment Coordinator II for visits that involve more than one member location or their primary location will be another member organization
o Reserve conference rooms for interviews and luncheons
o Coordinate travel, lodging, etc. for candidates as needed
o Arrange candidate gift(s), make restaurant reservations, and arrange catering as directed by the Provider Recruiters.
o Prepare initial packet to be mailed to candidate and informational folder for candidate upon their arrival to the area.
o Schedule follow up call between the candidate and the provider recruiter.
o Ensure all final preparations are complete including finalizing itinerary and sending to candidate and all those involved in the on-site interview.
• Schedules newly hired providers to complete HR paperwork and Occupational Health physical and drug screen.
• Locum Tenens Process
o Update various databases for locum tracking
o Responsible for invoice tracking and reporting
o Collaborate with hospital departments on locum onboarding
• Responsible for candidate transitions, tours and luncheons as necessary.
• Responds in a timely manner to all physician, leadership and candidate requests providing superior customer service.
• Provides updates to candidates, leadership and physicians as necessary and requested throughout the interview coordination process.
• Maintains ongoing communication with candidate and their family to ensure that they know what aspects of the process we are working on.
• Enters applicant information into various databases.
• Prepare intake/HR paperwork packet for all new hires including job description, I-9, background check authorization and badge.
• Complete HR paperwork with candidate as necessary
• Obtain authorization and complete background check prior to start date
• Ensure Occupational Health Clearance prior to start date
• Assemble HR file for new hire, coordinate with HR for entry into HR database.
• Database Management
o Responsible for updating all system databases associated with provider recruitment
o Responsible for responding to system and hospital data requests
• Ensures all itineraries, reimbursements and information is entered accurately and timely into necessary databases.
• Candidate Review Surveys:
o Create candidate review survey utilizing Skill Survey.
o Email the link to complete the survey to all those involved in the on-site interview.
o Compile the aggregate responses and email out to practice leadership.
o Upload to the recruitment database.
o Forward link for the provider candidate to complete a survey regarding their experience interviewing with the system.
o Compile candidate response as requested.
• Process candidate reimbursements for incidental expenses incurred by candidate.
• Log all costs associated with the site visit within tracking database
• Supports and embraces change in job and EMHS
• Proactively seek out solutions to problems for self, co-workers, patients, and visitors
• Identify opportunities to improve department efficiency and level of service in a way which allows the department to manage increased demand for services
• Complete job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations, and maintaining current industry trends
• Develop relationships with community and educational partners for enhancement of recruitment and talent acquisition
Passion: We demonstrate a passion for caring for others and the pursuit of service excellence in all that we do.
Integrity: We commit to the highest standards of behavior and doing the correct thing for the right reasons.
Partnership: Working together in collaboration and teamwork is more powerful than working alone.
Accountability: We take a responsible and disciplined approach to achieving our priorities and responding to an ever changing environment.
Innovation: We are capable of extraordinary creativity and are willing to explore new ideas to achieve our healthcare mission.
Respect: We respect the dignity, worth and rights of others.
• Sedentary: Exerting up to 10 lbs. occasionally, sitting most of the time, and only brief periods of standing and walking.
• Requires the ability to travel to member organizations as needed
Note: the duties listed above reflect the majority of the essential duties of this job and does not, nor is it intended to, reflect all essential duties that may be required for an incumbent in this job to perform.
Physical Requirements: flexibility, dexterity, visual acuity, hearing acuity. Ability to work at an ergonomically correct workstation, use a computer and keyboard; answer the phone; move throughout the facility; light lifting of files and manuals, bending and the ability to file paperwork in drawers and filing cabinets.
Working Environment: Administrative office environment providing support to Department. Considerable interdepartmental contact utilizing both phone and computer. Flexibility necessary to support demands of the position, requiring some early mornings and evening hours periodically.