Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nursing Technician - Emergency Department
at Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems
Eastern Maine Medical Center
Job Summary: provide patient care within the scope of practice under the direction of an RN
· High School education or equivalent required.
· Completion of a Medical Terminology course is preferred or must complete a Medical Terminology course within 6 months of hire.
· Active and in good standing Maine CNA License Required.
· Secretarial experience preferred
· Previous ED, Urgent Care, EMT experience preferred
· Completion of Unit Secretary/Ward Clerk course preferred.
Other Skills Required:
· BLS Certification required
· Computer skills
· Competence in basic math
· Clerical skills
· Keyboarding skills
· Legible handwriting.
· Strong team player
· Age Specific competency certification
· Ability to adapt in a fast paced, changing environment
· Must have a high level of interpersonal and communication skills and be a demonstrated team player. Must demonstrate reliability and accountability to team members and patients.
Excellent customer service skills
Physical Requirements: Sitting, Standing, Walking required. In addition to unit specific addendum must possess upper body strength, agility, and lung capacity necessary to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Capacity to concentrate in a busy and often stressful environment. Direct patient contact with all age groups
Working Environment: Fast paced clinical environment