Correct Care Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Psychiatric Registered Nurse
at Correct Care Solutions
As a nurse with Correct Care Solutions (CCS), you will have the opportunity to practice patient care the way you’ve always wanted. Our nurses enjoy competitive pay and benefits in an autonomous though supportive work environment. Numerous growth opportunities are available to our nurses while feeling that they are continually using their nursing skills and abilities.
As a CCS Nurse, you'll treat patients who typically go without access to health care. For patients that reside in a corrections or psychiatric hospital environment, the care you provide may be the only friendly, compassionate and nonjudgmental interaction they encounter in their day. If your passion is to make a difference, join CCS today.
Our Psychiatric Registered Nurse has professional education and experience which indicates an adequate understanding of the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, issues of psychotropic medication compliance, and psychotropic medication effects and side effects.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- Experience in the provision of nursing services in a psychiatric setting required
- RN license in state of practice
- Current CPR Certification
- Any other certifications (such as First Aid) required by contract
- Provide psychiatric nursing services under the direction of the Psychiatrist and Director of Nursing
- Maintain effective communications with the Facility and CCS staff
- Completion of specific duties and responsibilities as designated by the Psychiatrist and Mental Health Director/Mental Health Coordinator and as listed in the Post Duties. These duties include assessments, participation in treatment teams, committees, specific medication administration, psychiatrist appointment coordination, staff and inmate education, infirmary care management planning and implementation, and functioning as needed as a liaison between the Mental Health and Medical Departments
- Implement specific treatments as ordered by the staff psychiatrist
- Provision of medication education to inmates to inform them of the nature of psychotropic medication, the need for compliance with physician orders in taking medication, signs and symptoms of adverse drug reactions, and the need for inmates to report problems with medication
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.